Founder of Eveil et Jeux, consultant
Nationality : Scottish
Profession : Founder of Eveil et Jeux, consultant
Personal motto: “Innovate, advance”
Margaret Milan is a Scottish business woman living in France, founder of the company Éveil et Jeux (Oxybul Eveil et Jeux). Holder of a BSc in Engineering Science from the University of Warwick (1977) and an MBA from Harvard Business School (1979), she worked for Procter & Gamble from 1979 to 1986 as product manager then group marketing manager notably for the brands Ariel, Pampers and Always.
A mail order company selling childcare items and toys, she founded Éveil et jeux in 1990. She runs it from home and to begin with it employed 99% of women. In 1995 she raised funds for the sum of 5 million Francs. In 1998 she assigned 70% of the shares to the PPR group, which bought the remaining 30% in 2001 when the company made a 70 million Euro turnover. She returned to the company’s strategic committee in 2007 where she remained until 2010 to finalise the transfer to the ID Group.
Margaret Milan was president of the European Professional Women's Network from 2004 to 2007, a network offering mutual assistance for women executives. She was made Chevalier de la Légion d'Honneur in 2009. She is the mother of two daughters.